The following testimonials were written by some of my happy sellers and buyers. They have all been kind enough to give me permission to show you their correspondence. Their letters and words are very gratifying. It seems that my down-to-earth and honest approach has earned me many friends - I think that's fantastic!
When I was a first time buyer, looking for a condo in Lougheed Mall Town Centre area, Iris was recommended to me. I could not have received a better recommendation. I am very satisfied with the outstanding service I received from her.
I had a wonderful experience to deal with my realtor, Iris Chen. She helped me to sell my apartment and buy a lovely single-house in just three weeks. There are 5 reasons that I strongly recommend Iris Chen:
1. She builds trust before doing anything else. Before I initiated this life-time project, I talked to several realtors including discount agent and the agent who offers some discount on their commission. Iris is the one to assure me that I was going to receive full services without any discount and that is what really matters because good services can avoid many troubles and save big money.
2. She deepens the trust during the buy and sells process by always acting at the client's best interest. We've seen over 30 properties, some of them I fell in love immediately, because sometimes I got carried away by some of those features, like beautiful tiles and backyard landscapes etc. It was always Iris Chen, who woke me up and reminded me to stick to my main objectives and my realistic situation. It happened several times that I was not very happy after receiving her opposite opinions. But at the end of the day, her soberness helped me cool down my irrational rush. Actually, it is much easier for her to simply go with my ideas.
3. She has profound knowledge, due diligent attitude and strong market senses. If she had not sensed the market going cooler in a couple of months and came with a reasonable price and strategies, I couldn’t have sold my apartment in three weeks. At that time, the apartment supplies were much over the demands in my city. In my building, 15 suites were on sale, and 9 of them were on market for over 3 months. After 6 months, only my suite reached the deal. Her secret is to work hard. She not only gave me the historical deal prices in my building but also inquired each listing agents in my building about the market reactions before suggesting me the reasonable listing price. And she did follow-up phone calls to each potential buyer. The feedbacks from them are adapted to our ongoing strategies. She showed up in each showing; gave me advices on how to bring up the best out of my apartment and so much more…
4. She has tactics and guts to handle tough negotiations. She is talented, fearless and patient. All those merits of her help me reach the deals.
5. She offers best after-sale services. She has a trusted team offering you insurance service, inspection and handyman service etc. They are the people that Iris trusts with both high quality services and excellent professional ethics.
Overall, I am very satisfied with Iris’s good services as she promised at the beginning. In the end, I am the ultimate beneficiary of them. Wait, there is no end. We are friends now and will be forever.
Thank you Iris!
Kuan Cheng in Coquitlam
Dear Prospective Client,
You could describe us as the home buyers who would prefer to do it all ourselves. We carefully monitored MLS listings and mapped our home criteria and locations well ahead of time. We had purchased a home before so we felt the role of a realtor would not be near as significant the second time around. We were mistaken.
At the time of our search, in the fall of 2008, the Vancouver market was near its peak. We had very specific needs and the neighborhood in Coquitlam we desired most was listing very infrequently and was just out of our range. When a suitable home finally became available we found ourselves in a multi-offer situation right away. We were very fortunate to have Iris Chen aboard to guide us. Her advice was always professional and she displayed an unusual degree of dedication and responsiveness - often working late into the night to prepare a viewing, work on an offer and numerous other tasks. Her rapport with sellers and selling agents also gave us an edge in showings and negotiations. Without Iris, I don't think we would have acquired the dream home we enjoy today!
Like many people, we've had our share of experiences with self-serving realtors, so we tend to stay on guard. From the start of our relationship, Iris eased our apprehensions by asking a lot of questions. She made it very clear that she truly wanted to help us find the perfect home and avoid the not-so-obvious pitfalls in this market. She never tried to slot us into her own idea of the 'right' home for us. She also never tried to sway a sale. She acted more like our personal trusted advisor; someone who we could always turn to for objective insight on anything - location, the seller's motivation, the value of the home and location, planning new travel routes, the ins and outs of the community and so much more. She clearly knew her stuff, and the rare time she was uncertain, she was very upfront and she would set to work tracking down every minute detail, whether that meant contacting city services, her own colleagues, or even knocking on doors.
Iris's greatest strength is her personal touch. She has a calming effect as the tension of buying a house grows. The day before moving day we had the misfortune of a pipe bursting. It was out of anyone's control, but Iris did more than she ever should have to make our lives easier. She showed up early the next with gloves in hand to help out wherever she could. She brought us lunch and when our water supply was turned off the next day she showed up again with her homemade soup, water bottles, and a hose strung across the lawn from the neighbours!
If you have a good heart, Iris will make you feel like a great friend but she can also be very forward for you when the time calls. She was able to get us special treatment on a tour of a community center, she was extremely thorough with our home inspector, and after negotiations the selling agent approached us to commend our realtor for securing the sale with her hard work and timeliness.
It's also worthy to note that her service was far from over after the sale. Iris was extremely persistent in ensuring the conditions of the sale were followed through; sometimes bringing up the same issues 3 or more times with the selling agent. Months afterwards she was still helping us find contractors, route mail from the previous owners, tracking down instructions on home systems, and numerous other tasks above and beyond the call of duty.
We highly recommend Iris if you are looking for a very hardworking and trustworthy agent. We will remain with her as long as we live in this area. We have already referred a friend and family member her way and we'd be happy to speak with anyone else about our experience with her.
Craig Fraser and Josie Stephens in Coquitlam
We purchased an apartment before with Iris, she used her special way to find out a nice property with a motivated seller and guide us to purchase with a great price! After 1 year we have been lived there, we decided to move to a bigger condo or duplex because our family is growing. After we discuss with Iris, she helped us to verify financing with mortgage broker and advised us to sell first and buy afterwards. We listened to Iris and followed every ideas she gave to us including how to stage and decorating our home and how to sharp price the property, also how to do every showing. It was a tough market, but we got it sold at the 2nd showing.
After the sale is firm, Iris showed us all potential properties and we didn’t find any we really liked. Iris suggest us to consider certain area that we have never thought of before and we suddenly notice this is the best potential value in a growing location! During every showing, Iris told us the pros and cons of the property. We eventually found a property, but the property price was too high. Iris advised us we shouldn’t give up. After a few day’s hard negotiation, we got the property at the price and term we want.
We made money by buying and selling 1st property and we purchased a beautiful single house with a rental suite in a fast growing area which has tons of potential in the future.
We are new immigrants in this country. With Iris’s honest and intelligent guideness, we managed very well in Real Estate transactions. We truly believe that Iris help us to achieved the success of our real estate goal. This is our 3rd time work with Iris Chen.
Iris, Thank you, we would love to refer you to anyone I know who is looking for a good hearted realtor.
Peter and Veronica in Coquitlam
I am a new immigrant, just come to the country for 2 weeks. Iris helped my brother in law’s family before so we were told she is an excellent agent and we should work with her if we want to buy property here. So, we called her and she came over interviewed us and asked questions and also explained all process and potential cost beforehand. She helped us to verify all the financing issues, so to make sure we are ready to buy and also is good to negotiate with the seller once they know we are ready and immediate buyer. Then we went through all potential listings and when we found out several properties that we were interested in, Iris always let us know what is the good part and what is the bad part of each individual listing. Then we chose which one we should try first. Then Iris promptly finished detailed market research to make sure we understand what kind of price we should prepare to write on the contract. Of course, as a buyer, we want the best possible price. When it comes to negotiate, Iris is brave, intelligent, She made sure seller to understand why they should sell their property to us with the price we offer.
After the offer been accepted, Iris hold our hands to go through all the document. (This was a difficult and scary process for us so she spent extra time on it to make sure we understand all details about the strata bylaw, minutes, floor plan, all types of reports and forms because we didn't know English that well.) She always advise what we should do step by step and always reassure us everything is ok.
During the experience working with Iris when we are buying here, We can feel she is a professional Realtor who is enjoying her career and also building her friendship during her career. Her goal is not making a sale or just making money, her goal is to satisfy every client like us. I am impressed how she works and I think she deserved her commission and I think that was not even enough for what she offered to us.
Iris is an educator. She is a negotiater. She is intelligent, patient and dedicated.
We will recommend her to everyone we know when it comes real estate needs and definitely, we will use her again.
Xinwu Xie in Coquitlam Centre